The majority of the teens who arrive at Seton Home are two or more years behind in school, and two-thirds are regular truants and do not see graduating in their future. Through Seton Home’s comprehensive education program, our teens are not only graduating High School, but are continuing onto college or vocational school!
Our comprehensive education program includes:
- Counseling to help start the healing process
- School enrollment within 3-business days of arriving at Seton Home
- Year-round after school tutoring
- On-campus summer school classes
- School uniforms
- School supplies
- On-site licensed Child Development Center
- Education Managers to attend parent/teacher conferences and encourage our teens to reach their educational goals!
Additionally, Seton Home Provides young mothers with the tools to become nurturing parents in order to break the generational cycle of abuse and neglect, guiding them into self-sufficiency ensuring they are capable of caring for their children upon leaving our facility. the program encapsulates everything from:
- Pregnant and Parenting education
- Life skills training
- Financial literacy
- Job skills training
- Health and nutrition courses
Seton Home’s On-Site Child Development Center
As part of our holistic and dual generational focus, our Child Development Center, in partnership with the City of San Antonio, offers Early Head Start to ensure our children are receiving the best education and care. Seton's team of Child Development Center instructors work with the children to promote social sills and learning through play; our lessons plans are designed to promote social and emotional development, physical development and health, communication, language and literacy, cognitive development, and creative arts.